With the thaw of the ground also comes the thaw of the site– of the site’s lack of regular content!
So, first off, apologies for the irregular updating. I had started a new Quick Notes series on the black death but didn’t bother getting up the notes. I finished listening to the lectures but I just never got around to actually making notes. I was busy, what else can I say?
Fortunately, this will no longer be the case soon as I have content planned.
With the semester winding down, I will be able to finish that series of quick notes and hopefully begin other series of quick notes. But, I have more planned than merely historical notes, so let me explain my intentions for the summer the lazy way– through bullet points!
- When can I expect the quick notes to continue? Within the next couple of weeks, promise! After I finish the series on The Black Death I plan on immediately beginning a new series of notes. What this new series will be I do not yet know; I thought about moving on to the great course series dealing with the high middle ages but then I thought that that series might be best tackled as a full-lengthed series from the get-go. Regardless, I do plan on launching a new series right after the current series on the black death is finished.
- Enchanted Assemblages: I haven’t done much with this at the moment and I apologize. I can say this, though: the project is not dead. I am just busy and since I have presented at symposium already, now is a period of rest and re-orientation. Over the summer, I will likely be fleshing out the second chapter (of part one) more. Unfortunately, this will not equate to a ton of content for Assemblages. Instead, I plan on using my summer break to plan out Assemblages. When I started on this project, I had the big strokes planned and I was willing to “wing” a lot of it, but now that the basic structure has been finished, I want to spend some time and really lay-down the backstory, lore, and narrative of the project; not only for part one but for the entire project.
- A New Project: I know that it sounds counter-productive but I will be starting a new artistic medieval-oriented project this summer. It will be centered on William Langland’s text The Vision of Piers the Ploughman. It will not be as ambitious as Assemblages but it will be multi-genre directed and attempt to engage people with literature in non-traditional ways.
- The Medieval Harry Potter: In all likelihood, nothing is going to be produced this year. I know I said that I would start on producing another “season” of posts, but I just don’t see that happening this year. I have too many things going on. I haven’t abandoned the project but I certainly will not be producing anything for it for a while.
- Latinate Monsters: See above. I still plan on engaging with Latin and perhaps pursuing this project when I do, but right now, my energy is elsewhere.
- Let’s Reads: Yes, I have some more Let’s Reads planned. Sometime over the summer, I will finish up A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court as well as Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Beyond these two texts, I am not sure if I will start any additional Let’s Reads. Time will tell.
Those are my thoughts, fellow-travelers. All’s that left to say is the final word about posting– I will likely be scheduling up this content every three days. When this blog began, I had something just about every day but with my schedule becoming increasingly hectic and projects taking over, I just won’t be able to to that anymore. So, once I get going, expect a post every 2-3 days.
See you later and thanks for reading.