Reviews of all shapes and sizes. Short, long, television, gaming, literature… you get the idea.
On this page, you will see reviews of medieval literature– my initial impressions of them as an Undergraduate–, as well as my reflections on the various scholarly literature, read in the study of texts and subjects.
Literature: Scholarly & Recreational
- Off to be the Wizard by Scott Meyer
- Looking Back on Marian Zimmer Bradley’s The Mists of Avalon
- Reading for the Stars: Camelot 3000 and the Medievalism of Futures Past
- The Once and Future King by T.H. White (Bk.1: The Sword in the Stone )
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Simulating Arthuriana: Some Notes on Guy Ritchie’s Legend of the Sword
- Will the Real Merlin Please Stand Up? Reviewing The Real Merlin
- Mordred and the Spirit of Mediocrity: Reviewing Excalibur Rising
- The Strange Tale of King Galahad: Reviewing The Dragons of Camelot
- Sword in the Machine: or, King Arthur in Thailand (A Review)
- The Televisual Mists of Avalon (2001) (A Short Review)
- Fishing for a Legend: The Fisher King (Robin Williams; 1991)
- King Arthur (2004): A Nationalist Fighter?
Films (General Medieval)
- A Knight’s Tale: The Medievalism America Deserves
- The “Olde Cybertonian” in Us All: Political Fantasy and The Last Knight
Films: Ancient & Early Modern